Posts tagged Windows Phone
Over spring break I spent an amazing – and busy – three days in Las Vegas at Microsoft’s MIX10. I got to see a complete platform reboot with Windows Phone 7 Series, some interesting news about IE 9, and most importantly got to meet some awesome people.
I’ve been writing a lot over that time with AnandTech, which I’ll wrap up here:
- First day MIX10 Windows Phone 7 Series Impressions – link
- Internet Explorer 9 Platform Preview – link
- Windows Phone 7 Series: The AnandTech Guide – link
- If you had to read any one of these, this would be the one to be. It’s over 8000 words and comprehensively wraps up the platform in my opinion.
There were a couple hilarious quotes that I overheard at the conference, which I think I’ll just share briefly. Keep in mind this is at a development conference.
- “…and we call this checkbox driven development. We can do everything we want just with checkboxes”
- “…and we only had to write one line of code! Just one line, and we’re done!”
- But my favorite: “Can I use the back button for fire? What if I really really want to use the back button?” – immediately after a presentation about how the back button is reserved for going back.
I’ve been working on it for a while now, but I’m excited that my first AnandTech story is now up and live on the AT website here: http://anandtech.com/gadgets/showdoc.aspx?i=3749
It’s an analysis piece on Windows Phone 7 Series, and I expect more to develop as MIX10 creeps closer. There’s a lot more coming, and I’m definitely excited to write more reviews and posts. Just wanted to make note of it here.
I’ll definitely keep writing here as well!